2024 BIBLE READING PLAN
It's a new year! Consider creating a daily Bible reading habit and join The Glade in reading the Bible through in 2024. The Glade Church is using the Navigators Bible Reading Plan as a guide.
Below you can subscribe to receive a periodic newsletter with updates, encouragements, and resources throughout the year, and download a copy of the reading plan. Reading plans will also be available to pick up at the Groups Station in the foyer.
The Navigators Bible Reading Plan offers special features that will aid you in your journey through the Bible.
- By reading from four separate places in the Scripture every day, you should be able to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, as well as enjoy the variety of seeing four different viewpoints.
- You can begin at any point of the year.
- To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only twenty-five readings. Since you'll have several "free days" each month, you could set aside Sundays to either not read at all or to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week.
- If you finish the month's readings by the twenty-fifth, you could use the final days of the month to study the passages that challenged or intrigued you.
- If reading through the entire Bible in one year looms as too large a task, you can alter the plan to meet your needs. For example, you could read the gospels and the wisdom books this year, and the other two categories next year.
In the year ahead, ask God each day to speak directly to you from the Scripture portions you read. Be expectant, and let your continual exposure to God's Word reshape your attitudes and behavior as you gain a better understanding of every part of His written testimony to us.